30 for 30
Give us today our daily bread. God is your provider. He is your portion. If you have Him, you have everything you need. He alone satisfies. His grace is sufficient for us. This morning, welcome the presence of the Lord and invite Him to feed your soul as you spend time with Him.
Read Matthew 25. Ask the Holy Spirit to speak to you. You may want to make notes, underline in your bible or journal all that God is saying.
Thought of the day
Matthew 25:23 ‘His master said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant. You have been faithful over a little; I will set you over much. Enter into the joy of your master.’
In Matthew 25 Jesus tells a parable of a master who goes on a journey. He entrusts his servants with talents in different quantities according to their ability.
They were called to steward and multiply what had been entrusted to them and provide a return on the entrustment.
The first two servants double their talents. The master commends them and rewards them.
The third servant was bound by fear and ignored the master’s instructions. His talent was not multiplied. He was unfaithful with what was entrusted to him and he was punished.
What principles can we learn from this parable for our today?
1) Life in the Kingdom is about stewardship. Jesus teaches us one of the most significant ways that life functions and flourishes in the Kingdom of God – through stewarding what God has entrusted to us.
2) There is a requirement on us to steward what we have been entrusted – regardless of size – to see an increase. This relates to every area of our lives.
3) Every ‘talent’ we have has been given to us by God. Everything we own, all our resources, every gift, our time – it all belongs to God. Therefore we must live intentionally to give God what He is due.
4) There is a difference between safeguarding and stewarding. Safeguarding looks like avoiding failure and protecting what we have. Stewardship is about seeing multiplication and increase.
5) There are very real rewards in this life and the next, which are directly linked to how well we steward what we have been entrusted on earth.
6) God is a God of increase. He desires we live fruitfully and to the full, and wants to partner with us to move us to a place of multiplication. Our fruitfulness is sometimes seasonal, but our faithfulness must be never changing.
7) Don’t be discouraged by the ‘little’ you perceive God has given you. When you are faithful with a little – God will reward you with much. Don’t despise the day of small beginnings.
8) Multiplication doesn’t happen overnight. It happens incrementally as we’re faithful for the long haul.
9) God wants to bring our church to a place of increase and multiplication. How are we all stewarding our little bit to see the whole body thrive and grow?
Take some time this morning to pray for our church. Pray that as a body we would steward and multiply what God has given us. Pray for an increase in leaders, finances, resources, healings, signs and wonders, next level hearts of worship, open doors in the city, dreams and vision.
Consider today what you’ve been given. Think through everything you have ‘control’ over. Your thoughts, career, finances, church ministries, personal evangelism, family, property etc. Write a list. Ponder the ways God may be inviting you to steward your ‘talents’ to see increase and expansion for His Glory and the Kingdom’s extension.