Sunday 29th November | Care Home Cards
We’ve really missed being able to visit our older friends who live in Care Homes.
Many of them have not been able to see their families either! We would therefore love to make them some beautiful Christmas cards to let them know that we are thinking about them and to remind them how much Jesus loves them. The older people always particularly love cards made by children – they are always very special to them!
We’d love it if today you could spend time with your family making some cards with a Christmas design on the front, especially ones that would remind the older people of the real meaning of Christmas.
Here are a few ideas
- a nativity scene/Jesus in a manger
- colourful, bright lights, to remind them that Jesus is the light of the world
- a picture of a present, to remind them that Jesus is the greatest gift
Once you’ve decorated the outside of the card, you might want to write a short message to let our older friends know that you are thinking about them. You could include a verse from the Bible to remind them again about Jesus.
Here are some Bible Verse ideas:
- For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counsellor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Isaiah 9:6
- The people walking in darkness have seen a great light; on those living in the land of deep darkness a light has dawned. Isaiah 9:2
- When they saw the star, they rejoiced. Matthew 2:19
- For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour who is Christ the Lord. Luke 2:11
- Glory to God in the highest and on earth peace and good will toward men. Luke 2: 14
- On coming to the house, they saw the child with his mother Mary, and they bowed down and worshipped him. Matthew 2:11
- They will call Him Immanuel (which means ‘God with us’). Matthew 1:23
You can make as many as you like and drop them off at our church building anytime, Monday – Thursday 9am – 5pm, until Monday 14th December. Please leave the envelope unsealed so we can add the older people’s names to the cards so they are just for them!
Worship - You are Good Good Good
Why not play this song in the background whilst you make your cards? The rest of the ‘We Shine’ album is great too!
Pray that our older friends would know that God is good and that He loves them.